- By sending the application form, the participants confirm that they have read and agreed to the terms of participation in the Symposium.
- The organizers reserve the right to update and/or change the terms of participation, in case of unforeseen circumstances. Participants will be notified in time about any changes that might occur.
- Compliance with the terms of the Symposium indicated below is mandatory for every participant (no exceptions can be applied):
- Payment for participations can be made only via a deposit to the bank account of of the Organizer, and only in Euros.
- After the deposit to the bank account no refunds can be made for any reason.
- The organizers reserve the right to alter the program of the Symposium at any time without previous notification.
- The organizers are not in any way responsible for changes which may occur due to natural disasters (e.g. earthquakes, fires, etc.), terrorist attacks, strikes, wars,etc.
- All participants are obliged to keep to the deadlines of the lectures as well as the activities, as set by the organizers.
- The teachers-escorts assume full responsibility for the students’ behavior and conduct in general in busses, accommodation, visiting sites, and venues where the Symposium is held. Students are expected to fully comply with any suggestions made by
the organizers and/or those responsible (e.g. drivers, escorts, accommodation etc.).
- Students should, in no account, endanger, with their behavior, their lives or the lives of others. For this reason, the following rules apply:
- While travelling by bus, students are not allowed to stand but must be seated and wear their safety belt.
- Students are not allowed to be in the balconies of their rooms without supervision by their teachers.
- Students must keep quiet while staying in their rooms.
- Students are not allowed to mess, in any way, with electric or electronic devices that might be found in their rooms.
- Alcohol is forbidden.
- Smoking is forbidden.
- The use of any premises or facilities outside those used by the Symposium is not allowed (e.g. swimming pools, athletic courts or fields etc.).
- The supervising teachers and the educational institution to which these persons belong are fully responsible for any damages caused by the students during the Symposium.
- In case of serious offence or non-conformity with the principles of the Symposium and the guidelines of the organizers by any of the students, the school or educational institution in which these students study will be immediately notified and the students’ participation in the Symposium will be terminated. In this unlikely event, the student(s) and their teachers(s) will be asked to leave the Symposium site and depart using their own means of transport. Also, in this case, there will be no financial compensation for the participants, while, the organizers, if see it as necessary, will utilize all legal means in order to protect the Symposium, the other participants and premises and sites of the event.
- The organizers are in no way responsible for any lost item no matter where this loss might occur. The only persons responsible for the safekeeping of personal items, as well as any electronic or other portable devices (e.g. PCs, mobile phones, tablets) are their owners.
- The organizers reserve the right to upload digital material (photographs, videos) in the mass media (TV, the Internet etc.). Royalties of this material belong to the organizers. By submitting their applications, the participants forfeit all rights and claims to the material in which they appear. They also agree not to object to photo shooting of scenes or the recording of moving visual images in which they appear.
- The Symposium is not open to the public. To attend or participate in the event, either one should enroll, or the organizers should consent. Also, persons who do not officially participate in the Symposium are not allowed to enter the public places which will be used for the event (e.g. theatres). This does not apply to the parents of those students who participate in any Symposium performances. These parents may attend the performance provided that the capacity of the Theatre allows it and they have submitted their names in advance. This should be done at a time later than the submission of the Applications for Participation by the students and teachers after the teachers have contacted the Coordinator of the event. The organizers are in no way responsible for the transportation and accommodation of the students’ parents. Entrance to the site of the event will be free for them. Entrance to students’ parents who will not have followed this procedure or not submitted their names in advance will be denied.
- The Covid-19 Protocol.
As described here
Important notice: The Organizers reserve the right to update/change the protocol depending on the situation and the instructions given by the National Public Health Organization and the Hellenic Government. In case of any change of the protocol, all attendants will be notified immediately. All members of the Organizing Team the volunteers included are completed vaccinated.
The Organizers are in no way responsible in case a participant gets infected by SARS-CoV-2.
- The organizers of the Symposium are in no way responsible for the safety of the students’ transport to and from Ancient Olympia. The solely responsible for the transport of the delegations is the office which provides these services to the organizers.
- Applicable Law in this Agreement, as well as for the relations (rights and obligations) of the parties arising from this Agreement, is the law of the Hellenic Republic and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hellenic Republic Courts.